Team #2ndlife providing circular economy solutions for Novo Nordisk
The future is here: Smartphone that separates scrap plastic!
Who are we?
2nd life is a start-up company of millennial that provides customer-specific solution dealing with plastic waste separation. 2020 is not a year of boon after all ! In fact, the company believes the year 2020 to be a year of contemplation on our actions towards the planet.
We strive to achieve a more sustainable society by providing simple and realistic segregation solution to the firms that are dealing with scrap plastic waste. This is achieved by a user friendly app. The app is designed to address specific scrap disposal procedure. It then modifies it using a simple approach that ensures proper disposal of plastic scraps.
Where are we now?
What are we solving?
Novo Nordisk production facility generates 40 tonne of Polypropylene(PP), 20 tonne of Polyoxymethylene(POM) & 10 tonne of Polycarbonate/Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (PC/ABS) plastic. Currently, only PP is recycled into recyclable plastic chairs. POM & PC/ABS are incinerated at waste power plants. The reason for incineration is due to lack of scrap disposal method employed at the company. This is where 2nd life comes in action.
What is our solution?
We employ three essential steps by:
- Taking advantage of the bar code information available on the small containers collecting scrap plastic
- Suggesting to use two separate large containers with unique id that separates the two wastes : POM & PC/ABS
- Two separate times are proposed to shred the specific type of plastic to avoid contamination
Along with this simply awesome and realistic solution, our services include:
- In-app demo service
- Free online/ onsite training , if required
- Free of charge accessibility to target customers
- Technical support assistance
- Consultation about companies dealing with
- Recyclable material for large storage containers
- Smart lock systems