Alfa Laval is a world leader within the key technology areas of heat transfer, separation and fluid handling. Our company was founded on a single brilliant invention, and innovation remains at the heart of everything we do.
With more than 3,700 patents, we provide global solutions in areas that are vital to society both today and in the future.
Our strategy is to make the world more sustainable by using our key technologies, digital capabilities and the mindset of tomorrow.
Keywords: Transforming the company through the power of digitalization
The world is changing from buying equipment and spare parts to uptime, output or performance of the product the customer is asking for:
- What does it mean to a traditional company that has been selling equipment and spare parts made of steel for the last 136 years?
- If Alfa Laval should offer a performance-based solution where we extend our ownership of the product life cycle – what should our product look like and how should our business model change?
- How could we best partner up with our customers and suppliers to offer such a solution?
- Is steel still the most sustainable material to use?
- What role is digitalization going to play?
- Is it time to rethink the way we produce and organize our factories and supply chains?
- And most importantly, since water is a scarce resource today – how do we secure clean and sustainable water for the future?
- Choice of Business Model(s) and ownership of
- Impact on finance during the transition
- Key data to control to succeed
- IIoT / IoT – how to integrate equipment, systems and 24/7/365 monitoring
- Impact on product design
- Value-chain reconfigurations
- Risk and benefit split – among our value chain partners
- Materials and structures of the future
- Production setup (including global vs. local in cases like COVID-19)
- Secondhand market for used or refurbished equipment
- Is there a risk in sharing knowledge (data) via open source for the benefit of the global sustainable impact?